Last week when I made these awesome bread sticks, I also tried out a new pesto recipe!
I LOVE pesto. As seen in this post! It just speaks to me 🙂
I had a lot of zucchini on hand (no clue why!), and wanted to use it.
So, zucchini pesto was born!
(I was a little apprehensive that zucchini was just too watery to make a pesto with….I was happily wrong!)
- 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts (1 ounce)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 small zucchini (about 9 ounces), trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Blend basil, walnuts and garlic in processor until finely chopped.
Add zucchini, Parmesan cheese and greed onion; process until coarsely chopped.
Add oil. Using on/off turns, process until mixture is finely chopped.
Season pesto to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.
Toss this YUMMY pesto with your favorite whole wheat pasta, smear it on some toasted whole wheat bread, or use it to make some pesto bites!
**lightly adapted from Epicurious**
Linking up here!